Friday, January 13, 2017

Faux Fish Mask's

I like Fish Mask's. I really do. Recommend them highly. Suggest you try them if you have not.

If you want to make your own try this.

Material to try 1/4", .250, or 6.35 mm clear plastic tubing.

The Idea

I was wondering if there might be a way to make the Fish Mask DIY style. Here's what I was experimenting with.

A piece of clear plastic tubing. 1/4" in diameter.

 Could it be shaped in such a way to create the face of a streamer pattern?  


Tools: 

Ruler
Side cutters



Squirrel Leech

Recipe
#6 Bass Hook
6/0 tying thread gray
3D eye's
Gray Pine squirrel zonker strip
Sparkle dub
UV Resin
Super glue
Shaped segment of clear tubing

Steps

Step1. Thread your hook.

Step 2. Tie in your zonker strip at the bend of the hook.

Step 3. Wrap your zonker strip toward the eye.

Step 4. Tie down your strip behind the eye.

Step 5. Build a thread head.

Step 6. Glue the head.

Step 7 slip your shaped tubing over the thread while wet. 

 Step 8. Pinch to shape and let set.

Step 9. Place eyes on the tube.

Step 10. Add UV glue to fill and shape the head to taste.

Step 11. Cure the UV with light.

Step 12. Go catch some fish!



Stay Clever and Trashy my Friends.


Dedicated to my son, Bailey. I Love you.








No comments:

Post a Comment